We’re not entirely sure whether the ancient Romans were wise or cynical when they ascribed the stewardship of love and marriage to two different goddesses, but in any event, as we’re zeroing in on Juno’s (and every brides’) favorite month, and as a member of our staff is tying the knot in the next few weeks, we thought we’d take a look at some of the best mobile wedding apps that iOS has to offer. Here are a few:
- iWedding Deluxe: This app comes with a steep $5.99 price tag, but it’s worth every penny. A comprehensive wedding app that covers it all, iWedding Deluxe includes the venue, the dress, the rings, nearby vendors, ceremony music, guest lists, seating charts, you name it. Perhaps most importantly, it even boasts a countdown timeline to help make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Wedding Budget: The average American wedding costs $25,631, but whether you’re eloping to some rustic get away, or shelling out for a multi-million dollar blowout, this free mobile app by SevenLogics can help you keep your budget on track.
- Wedding 911: It’s difficult to find a bride-to-be in the digital age who doesn’t use The Knot for her wedding planning, so it’s no surprise that it got wise and went mobile. This free mobile app answers all those questions that wedding novices tend to ask: When should we start looking for a site? Who pays for what? Do I have to feed the vendors? This app will answer all those questions and more, and hopefully remove a little bit of anxiety from the preparations.
- WeddingScan: If you’ve had to deal with wedding registries lately, you’ll know they’re pretty high-tech these days. This free mobile app from Organi Studios lets you scan bar codes from your favorite stores and centralize all your selections in an online database that your friends and family can access easily.
- Fun Wedding: When it comes to wedding preparations, you’d be surprised at how it’s the things you’d never expect that take up most of your time. Choosing the music for your reception is one of those things, and this mobile app can help. Great wedding playlists are constantly updated, and should keep your guests on the dance floor all night long.